I recruited a partner in crime, Kerri, to take a stab at cooking a few delicious recipes (who also will tell you she has limited cooking skills). Kerri is an old friend and college roommate, so our prior eating/cooking habits were limited to Iowa City Marco's Grilled Cheese, Quintons, Airliner and AXO meals. With that in mind, we had a lot to learn! We found a great site online, that I'd like to refer you to that should get all the credit to our food masterpieces. Its another fellow blogger- http://iowagirleats.com/. Perfect name huh!? And whats even more perfect is the fact that the blog gives step by step PICTURE directions.Below are a few pictures of our Delicious Dishes! Kerri and I had to take pictures prove to you all that these meals were really made by us, and I'm proud to say they were actually delicious! I've also included the link to the blog recipe if you get hungry! :) If we can do it, you can do it- PROMISE!
Chicken Bruchetta Pasta:
Chicken Enchilada Casserole and Black Beans
Erin's Easy Chicken Parmesan and Asparagus
After one week of these delicious recipes our plan was to switch it up. You may have seen a theme here that this was- Chicken Week! We're starting slowly with similar ingredients so the shopping and planning is minimal. :) Following Chicken Week, I returned to the grocery store with new recipes in hand for... Beef Week! And we were excited for Week 2! Unfortunately, Kerri was working so I was alone at the store at the meat counter looking for our recipe items. I became grossed out at all the raw beef, and lets just say Beef Week ended before it began. Sorry Kerri and Blog Friends, Beef Week was a bust! I left the store empty handed. I'm pretty sure we had frozen pizza that night and Velveeta Shells & Cheese the next.
I told you my commitment to domestication was temporary... :) Let's see if it comes back!
| Pictured: Sibling Creaters of the Delicious Dish Having fun on one of our many Chicago Adventures |
Sista Interpretation: The term Delicious Dish originated in early 2000 during a Eash, Skeet and Ash trip to visit Brotha Travis in Chicago The original Delicious Dish recipe remains a secret and was created using a multitude of ingredients following a very fun night out on the City of Chicago. Unfortunately the recipe will forever remain a secret, as even the cooks cannot recall what was included- and all still cant remember WHY we ate it. Ohhhh the Delicious Dish!



No comments:
Post a Comment