Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Operation Surprise Weekend!!

Vance, are you sure you want to stay in Clinton for Operation Surprise Weekend?!

So operation surprise weekend may have not gone as planned, but it was still a blast and definitely a weekend to chalk up on the memory board.  I was able to fly back to Iowa for a short weekend trip to surprise my schweety and try to get his spirits up.  After a 4 hour debacle with failing gauges in the cockpit because the runway was a blazing 120 degrees, rerouting back to Vegas, and listening to self absorbed people scream at the poor flight attendants I was able to finally arrive safely in Iowa 4 hours late!  Vance was planning on driving back to Pella after a late night football game in Chicago so the plan was to surprise him at his parents house late Friday night.  Well Vance decided that driving 5 hours at 1am wasn't the best idea so he called and told me that he was going to stay in Clinton and drive to Pella in the morning.  Okay so Plan B was obviously in order.  Ash took this picture of me by Vance's infamous football picture in the Des Moines Airport and sent it to him.  I soon received a call from a very excited hubby who had already re-routed away from Clinton and towards his schweety :)

Overall it was a wonderful weekend full of laughs, dancing, grilling out, walking uptown Pella and around the lake in DM, ice cream, cocktails, bloody's, and the list goes on....oh and of course reminiscing with Vance, Ash and Scotty about the past, present and future and where the heck we are all going to end up because living apart isn't looking so appealing...AZ is still up there on my list! :)

Things are going well in Sin City, I can't believe I'm already half way done with my clinical here.  Midterm eval is tomorrow so let's hope it turns out okay!  I got to observe an Ortho Surgeon in the clinic yesterday and then today in surgery which was pretty neat to see.  After watching that I hope I never have to have hip surgery, and the poor guy as PT tomorrow at 7am...yikes.

Although I'm having so much fun here I'm ready to be done with school and finally live with my hubby again.  It's a good thing I love him because moving to Chi-town in December isn't sounding like the most ideal time to move to the windy city.  Oh well, such is life.  We decided we are going to give it a few years and go from there, it's expensive and still cold...hmmmm :) but it is close to family and that pretty much trumps everything.

Sooo excited for Vance to come on Friday for Labor Day weekend.  We are looking forward to a nice relaxing weekend at Lowe's resort at Lake Las Vegas.  However, we are sad to miss Ash and Scott's departing Hawkeye tailgate.  Have a few for us guys, I know you will :)  I can't believe Ash is moving to Denver in t-minus one week...I'm not even going to begin my sob story about her leaving...with that, I'll hand this topic over to her!

Love you guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment