Sunday, February 12, 2012

A City Celebration

New Years Resolution #4: CHECK! :)

That's right I passed my boards!  I'm officially a licensed Physical Therapist in Illinois!  It's about time huh?!  It was definitely a relief to see those results!  Now I can continue to enjoy the start of my new career without any more tests!  After 20 years of schooling, it's hard to picture life without constant studying and testing!  But no worries, I can already tell I'll adjust just fine! :)

So how did we celebrate?!  Well for starters Vance got me a gift certificate for a mani and pedi at Chicago's Top Day Salon, Mario Tricoci!!  He had my present waiting for me when I got home from my test!! :) Have I ever mentioned how amazing my husband is??  And that's not all, he planned an entire city weekend for us to celebrate and enjoy our brand new city together! Not too shabby!!

This weekend was definitely a City Celebration.  Friday night after work, we took the Metra into the city to meet up with Travy and Kyle to grab some dinner and a few drinks.  We then headed back to their condo to play some cards and relax after the long week.  Saturday morning Chef Travy cooked us some mean cinnamon rolls and mini egg sandwiches!  Yummy!! After breakfast we got ready and headed for downtown....let the adventure begin!!! :)

Let's start with the hotel - Vance booked us a beautiful room at the Swissotel downtown!!  Pretty amazing!!
This is the view from our hotel window!!
Awesome view of Navy Pier!!



Once we quickly got settled into our hotel room, we began our adventure....with shopping of course!! Store after store, some we could afford, some we couldn't...a girl can dream right?! :) Vance got so many hints that day I'm sure he has Christmas and birthday's covered for the next 50 years!

A picture with Marilyn of course!!  And yummy hot cocoa from the Hersey store!  Trust me it was a requirement of the weekend, it was not exactly the warmest weekend in the city!!

All that shopping made us hungry!  Stopped for drinks and apps on the 96th floor of the John Hancock building!!

What a view....and from the women's bathroom?! Really?!

Off to Navy Pier!!!  We think it might be a little busier when the temperature is above freezing :)


 And now to Millennium Park!!  Enjoyed the many attractions such as the outdoor Jay Pritzker Pavilion, the Luminous Field at The Bean, and ice skating.

What a day!  Decided to end the night with some delicious Mexican food and margaritas!!
- we had a blast but we were exhausted!!
Vance giving a little fist pump for love!  :) Valentine's day prematurely threw up on the restaurant we went to!!
And that ends our adventure...for now!! Thanks again schweets for such an amazing weekend!!

No comments:

Post a Comment