Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Life with the Jacobus'

Sorry we haven't been keeping up with our blogs very well lately.  As you will soon read all about, we have both been very busy this past month!  We hope you haven't given up on us! :)

Throughout my clinicals, I got quite the parenthood experience - from living with grandparents in AZ, to parents in NV, and then finishing up with expecting parents in IA.  It was interesting to see the joys and struggles at all levels of parenthood - and it has definitely confirmed our waiting plan :)

For my last clinical, I was able to live with my good friend Sarah and her husband Jeremy...oh and their adorable puppy, Saydie, of course! 

Had to facebook creep a pic of them because we were slackers about taking pictures over our 9 week adventure!  Saydie is their 2 year old pup - sitting in one of her many chairs in the house! Spoiled rotten!

I finished up my schooling at the Methodist Hospital in Des Moines, working on an inpatient rehab floor.  I really enjoyed my experience but this clinical reassured me that I am definitely outpatient bound!  I won't
 bore you with all the work/school stuff so let's move on to my experience living with the Jacobus'!!

Let's bring it all the way back to Halloween time again - our first weekend together involved some pretty intense artwork and competition for best pumpkin.  We never determined the winner but let's just say I'm pretty sure I could have posted this on my last post considering the theme :) Kidding!

Alysha's & Sarah's

Jeremy's and Saydie's

Our first weekend together "as a family" was definitely a good one! :)  Here are more highlights!
  • Watching Sarah's belly get bigger and bigger and seeing the baby room develop (for the record, she is one of the cutest pregnant women that I have ever seen - you are too Jess!)
  • Saydie - she gets her own bullet point because we are the 2 best friends that anyone could have! Seriously though we are besties and I miss her a lot!  Not more than I miss Sarah & Jeremy of course!
  • Warming up with a hoodie and Saydie and I cuddling on the couch in her new birthday fleece! :)
  • Nightly shows: Fell in love with DVR - Parenthood, Biggest Loser(while eating our nightly snacks), Modern Family, The Middle, Grey's (of course!), Revenge, Sing-Off (is this show really 2 hours?! Jeremy loves the swan song!), and the list goes on - I know I'm forgetting some!
  • Family Dinners - They even taught me how to cook!
  • Weekends with the Jens'
  • Funny memories that happened to occur in a certain spot in the kitchen and always involving Saydie
  • Dog Park with Saydie
  • Putting up Christmas lights - trusting Jeremy with my life as you can see below! Scary!
  • Meeting up with Central friends Kelly and Megan to catch up and reminisce about the good ol days
  • Ending our 9 week adventure with some delicious sushi and beverages downtown
So many more memories made that I will always cherish!  It was so nice rekindling my friendship with Sarah - it's frustrating how busy life can get and how quickly it can disconnect you with the ones you love the most!  I'm excited to meet Baby Jacobus in the new year!!

Thank you again to all the families who helped support me throughout my schooling, I couldn't have done it without you all!  More exciting blogs to come with updates on graduation, moving in with my hubby and finding a new job!  Stay posted!!

No comments:

Post a Comment