Thursday, September 22, 2011

Perfect Iowa Farewell!

Although Scotty and I began planning our Denver relocation, a year or so ago (ok maybe longer!), it came up so quickly that I had to prioritize my "lasts" and "to do''s" before heading out of state.  Thanks to everyone who made my last month so memorable and celebrating at all my favorite hot spots.    Here is a brief recap of the exciting events that took place:
  • Weekly Dinner and Teen Mom Specials with my old friend Joe.  Sista would have been proud of my continued Teen Mom watching traditions :), as well as adding delicious food from Atlas, Reds, Konomi, Graze and Three Samurai.  Mmmmmmm
  • Pops, Ash and Skeet
  • QC Weekend- Bags Tourney with my Brotha, Whiteys with Pops and Kira, Dinner with mom and outdoor music at Jamaica-My-Weekend was a great impromptu visit home.
  • Lyon's Den Packing- Sad goodbye dinners and wine with my summer Roomies. Also great memories made at BWW discussing praying mantis conspiracy theories with Kim. 
  • Khadijah
  • IceCream Goodbye's with my BBBS Little's Khadijah and Mateo.  Ok- yes you maybe able to tell by the pictures that I am wearing the same outfit.... and yes I had two ice cream delights in 3 hours but there was a lot to celebrate! And I tried to change it up so ColdStone and Dairy Queen didnt know I was double dipping. :)  Also did a little frog catching, 3D movie watching, 5 year picture professional photo shooting and Texas Roadhouse visiting as well.  Look how not so "Little" they are!
  • Mateo
  • BBBS Dinner- Speaking of BBBS, sad goodbyes with my great staff and friends celebrating with a summer potluck, goodbye dinner and thoughtful bracelet, agency card and individual cards from so many thoughtful people.  Also decided to surprise staff with a few small gifts/quotes as a bit of a good luck!  Some thoughtful, others funny, and still some creepy.  I really hope Krystin takes good care of  lovebear.
  •   
    
    Cook, Ape, Ash, Happy Scotty & Sammy
    
    Going Away Tailgate with my Bests (well almost all!).  What better way to say goodbye to Iowa then with a HAWKEYE TAILGATE?!! Thanks to all my family and friends who made the tailgate (oh and another Dinner at Reds, mini golfing, wine tasting, broken down Focus, and Olive Garden) and entire weekend so special. I just wish my Sista and Vance where there to celebrate with us as well!     
     Trav, Kyle and the broken Foci
    
    Although I'm very excited about what Colorado will bring.... I saw this sign on my second to last day in Iowa, to always remind me that:

Ash
Blogger Interpretation:  It seems like most of my favorite things involve food, friends, family and perhaps a cocktail... is that weird Sista?!? :) 

Sistas
 
 
 
 
 
Nah- and yep, all my favorite things also involve my sista! 


1 comment: